Spring Mavs was created as an alternative to the current local Spring Rec lacrosse program in the area. Our teams will play on professional fields and will be coaches by coaches who have professional lacrosse experience. They will not be coached by DADS or HIGH SCHOOL players. Our goal in the Spring is to expose our boys to high level competition outside the bubble of Conejo Valley.
1. Have fun playing lacrosse
- Practices and games should be fun – when the game stops being fun, players tend not to play as well and both coaches and players may get frustrated and eventually leave the game.
2. Focus should be on long-term player development
- Our ultimate focus will be on long-term player and child development and not short-term goals.
- Encourage and let all players play all positions. This will help with their overall development as lacrosse players.
3. Emphasize teamwork, respect and fair play
- In addition to achieving a sense of accomplishment through mastery of skills, lacrosse is a great way for young players to learn good values that they can carry in other aspects of their lives:
- Friendship and the value of being part of a team.
- Respecting coaches, teammates, opponents, and the referee.
- Sportsmanship and fair play.
Location: Cal Lutheran University
- Days: Monday and Wednesday- Practice/ Sunday- Games
- Ages: U10, U12, U14
- February 7th-May 1st
Time: Monday and Wednesday 4pm-5pm (5:30pm after time change)/Sunday Game Times will vary
- Cost: $250 a month